Magento 2.4.4 is now publicly available contains new features, performance boosts and security fixes. Magento 2 4 4 provides support for OpenSearch 1.2. Maybe the changes in this version aren’t so huge, but we can say it is a massive update for developers and shop owners.
Magento 2.4.4 was released on April 12, 2022. Magento 2 4 4 supports version 8.1 of PHP, all project libraries and dependencies, and MySQL have been upgraded to this version, and you can get enhanced B2B & B2C features and headless support. Now Mageno 2.4.4 download is possible.
Related posts: What is Magento?
Enhancements of the platform in Magento 2.4.4
- Supporting the latest Elasticsearch7.16 and Opensearch1.2
- RequireJS library upgraded to version 2.3.6
- PHPUnit upgraded to 9.5.x
- Laminas are upgraded to the latest version
- JQuery library upgraded to version v1.13.0
- GraphQL now provides New Relic with descriptive transaction names
- Magento 2.4.4 now supports TinyMCE 5.8.1
- 250 quality fixes
These features are compatible with PHP 8.1.
Related posts: Download Magento 2
Security enhancements in Magento 2.4.4
- Integration tokens can no longer be used for API Bearer token authentication. A token can make a no expiration access so it can make security problems.
- Session IDs are not stored in the database.
- Now, the OAuth access token and password reset token are encrypted, when stored in the database.
- Validation has been improved to prevent uploading non-alpha-numeric file extensions.
- Swagger is disabled by default when Magneto open source is in production mode.
- ReCAPTCHA support is added to the coupon codes.
- The security of API is enhanced.
Related posts: Download Magento 2.3.5
Magento 2 4 4 testing
Magento 2.4.4 is tested to be compatible with the following
- Varnish 7.0.0
- MySQL 8.0.27
- RabbitMQ 3.9.10
- MariaDB version 10.4.22
The new features of Magento 2.4.4
1-Supporting of PHP8.1
Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 supports PHP8.1. This version of PHP will bring better Improvement in performance. All libraries and dependencies are compatible with this version of PHP. Support for PHP 7.3 is removed for Magento 2 4 4 version.
Version 8.1 is the newest update of PHP that have new features such as enums, read-only properties, first-class callable syntax, explicit octal numeral notation, fibers, never return type and final class constants.
The newly offered beta program of Adobe makes ready the merchants for the new versions and enables you to prepare sooner for the General Availability release date.
AsyncOrder feature has been added and this feature supports 60000 orders per hour.
The 2.4.4 version also offers a multiple consumers feature. This feature lets you add more message queue consumers on a single cloud instance. You need to enable the multiple_ process feature.
A cart can now include more than 750 configurable products with the ability to operate faster than before.
PWA Studio v.12.3.0 is now matchable with the Adobe Commerce 2.4.4 version.
To optimize sales rules processing, Magento 2.4.4 supports deferring total calculation during checkout.
The memory limit has been increased by this code line max_input_vars=xx in the php.ini file. The xx represents a number and you can change it to your need limit.
3- Removed and updated libraries
JS libraries removed
• MutationObserver. js
• FormData. Js
JS libraries updated
Related posts: Magento 2.4.5
All vendor-bundled extensions in the 2.4.4 version have been removed. The Braintree is the only extension that is still a part of the Magento 2.4.4 code. The removed extensions from a Vendor Bundled Extension list are available for you to download from a Magento Marketplace.
The following improvements are provided for GraphQL in Magento 2.4.4:
- The response time is decreased because the collectQuoteTotals method is called only one time.
- The GraphQl resolver returns translated strings based on the store domain as expected.
- The performance of the storefront has been better by applying changes in the way GraphQL requests.
- Webonyx library is updated to 14.9.
- Prices didn’t update correctly before, but now this problem is solved and the prices are updated correctly for both the storefront and Admin.
- library of core GraphQL is updated.
- New Relic in GraphQL with descriptive transaction names is provided, which makes debugging easier.
6- Enhancements in PayPal Payment
- Now, Magento 2.4.4 supports Venmo payment.
- Pay Later is an option that has been added for shoppers based on their location. This option lets Magento merchants know about the shopper experience by selecting the shopper’s country.
- Messaging integration with Pay Later for the checkout page enables the shoppers to see the exact information related to the number and amount of installments.
7. Improved Accessibility
Version 2.4.4 of Magento brings a few accessibility updates that help to improve users’ experience without vision or limited vision. Accessibility improvements are including:
- The performance of Screen Reader tools has improved and can read all elements.
- Tooltip links now provide accurate textual names for inputs.
- Edit buttons now offer a meaningful and unique text.
- Now, your admins can use the Admin buttons that have an accessible, unique, descriptive purpose and are developed in adherence to AA standards.
- The contrast has been increased in Admin buttons and form fields for better visibility.
- Now, Icon images have a textual alternative. Alternative text (Alt text) makes the images comprehensible to the blind.
Magento has come up on March 31, 2007, and every time has been more complete in a new version. It’s not clear when the new version will come but we are sure it will come because Magento is in progress every day. Now, Magento 2.4.4 is used as the latest version.
Magento 2.4.4 was released on 12th April 2022 and introduces support of version 8.1 of PHP, all project libraries and dependencies and MySQL have been upgraded with this version and you can get enhanced B2B & B2C features and headless support.
Magento 2.4.4 is an open-source eCommerce platform and have been added new great features to this version that make easy use of it for everyone.
Great features have been added to Magento 2.4.4 such as compatibility with PHP 8.1, supporting for TinyMCE, updating for JS library, enhancements in PayPal Payment and so on. To know more, refer to Magento 2.4.4 article on Wegento website.
It’s clear the latest version is the best version because it brings new upgrades that help you to improve your online store. Magento 2.4.4 as the latest version is the best and abundantly clear it worth it to upgrade your old version to the 2.4.4 version is worth it.
This was all about Magento 2.4.4 New features of this version help the merchants improve their online stores.
To have a safe online store, you need to upgrade your stores to the last version of Magento. If you need an expert to update your store, our developers can help you.